The 2014’s edition of the Ecomudança Program has one financial line of low-interest funding that goes towards the concept of Investment of Impact.
The initiative has already awarded 18 companies with nearly U.S. $ 3 million invested in 13 states of Brazil.
Since 2007 the Institute EKOS BRAZIL helped the Itaú Bank in structuring, developing and coordinating investments in environmental projects.
The goal of the program is to encourage and foster projects that aim to reduce greenhouse gases emissions. The projects submitted are evaluated according to their potential capacity to reduce these gases, replication and generation of other positive environmental impacts.
Last year, more than 150 projects were submitted, from various regions of Brazil. After four selection stages - screening, assessment, technical visits and approval of the committee - the five projects were chosen:
- Ecoa – Ecologia e Ação, which received R$ 155,000.00 for the implementation of water filters, digesters and wind turbines in ten communities of Poconé and Corumbá, in Mato Grosso do Sul.
- Instituto Brasileiro de Ecologia e Sustentabilidade – IBES, which received R$ 277,171.84 for the implementation of ten acres of forests in semiarid and 20 acres in systems agrosilvipastoris in Poco Redondo and Pacatuba in Sergipe.
- Cooperativa Agroextrativista do Mapiá e Médio Purus, which received R$ 140,000.00 for the implementation of an agro forestry production chain Pauini and Boca do Acre, Amazonas, with cocoa, native woods and trees as base oil.
- Agência Ambiental Pick-upau, which received R$ 104,000.00 to enlarge biodiversity of the Villages Guarani Tenonde Pora and Krukutu, in São Paulo, with the production of 30 thousand seedlings/year of native tree and shrub species.
- Grupo Ambientalista de Lençóis, in Bahia, which received R$ 65,000.00 for the implementation of collection/processing waste from lodges and hotels Sheets program as well as the remains of pruning of urban forestry.
To know more about the Ecomudança Program access the link: www.itau.com.br/ecomudanca.